Anxiety Does Not have to be a Common Fixture in Your Life
Anxiety is a Cruel Form of Suffering
If you experience anxiety on a regular basis, you know how it can attack you and make you feel powerless to stop it. One of the worst things about anxiety is that many times, it’s not even clear why it’s showing up – it just attacks without warning.
It can feel even more defeating when people in your life don’t understand the problem and think it’s something you can just “snap out of” or get over with time. Maybe you’ve tried counseling in the past without any progress or are resistant to medication to treat the problem.
All of this adds up to feeling trapped inside your anxiety without a clear path to get out.
Freedom From Anxiety is Possible
Evidence-Based Therapies Make All the Difference
When it comes to treating anxiety disorders, research shows that evidence-based therapy is usually the most effective option. That’s because counseling for anxiety (as opposed to medication) treats more than just symptoms of the problem.
Counseling for anxiety can help uncover underlying causes of worries and fears. It teaches you new ways to relax, and helps you look at situations in a new, less frightening way. Counseling can also help you develop better coping mechanisms and problem-solving skills that reduce your anxiety.
Therapies we offer to treat anxiety include EMDR, The Safe and Sound Protocol, and Cognitive Behavior Therapy.
Common Symptoms of Anxiety Can Include:
- Nervousness, restlessness, or being tense
- Feelings of danger, panic, or dread
- Rapid breathing or hyperventilation
- Increased or heavy sweating
- Trembling or muscle twitching
- Weakness or lethargy
- Difficulty focusing or thinking clearly about anything other than the thing you’re worried about
- Obsessions about certain ideas, sometimes a sign of obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Anxiety surrounding a particular life event or experience that has occurred in the past, sometimes a sign of post-traumatic stress disorder
The Right Plan
This is our plan to help you overcome the past and get the tools you need for the future
1. Schedule a Consultation
You’ll get a clear understanding of what’s next for you and be matched with the right therapist for your specific needs.
2. Start to See Progress
As you and your therapist walk together, you’ll get a better understanding of how you can heal and start to see measurable improvements.
3. Get the Tools to Overcome.
Becoming the person you were meant to be is a lifelong journey and we help you get the tools you need to navigate that process in a healthy and fulfilling way.