Do you experience any of the following struggles?
- Sleep problems
- Social and emotional difficulties
- Auditory Sensitivities
- Anxiety and trauma-related challenges
- Stressors that impact social engagement
- Difficulties regulating physiological and emotional states
If so, the Safe and Sound Protocol may be exactly what you need.
Over the past few decades we have learned that many of the problems that lead people to seek counseling are caused by our bodies and are outside of our conscious control. When psychotherapy isn’t helping with these issues, most are left with no other option but to take medications to help them cope. But medications can have side-effects that create their own set of problems and many people just don’t feel comfortable taking them. Fortunately, there is a solution to many of these issues that doesn’t require prescription drugs at all.
The Safe and Sound Protocol (SSP) is a natural, drug-free treatment for psychological struggles that have a physical origin.
SSP works by stimulating the vagus nerve through auditory (sound) conduction. As the vagus nerve is stimulated, it sends signals to the nervous system telling it to relax and let go of tension. With relaxation, brain and body functions improve.
- We learn to focus and process sensory information – we’re mentally sharper
- The body becomes regulated – we’re more calm
- Our motor and emotional control improves – we’re more confident
- Our mood is uplifted -we’re socially engaged
- People enjoy being around us -we’re happy in the world.
The great news is that treatment with the SSP is easy. It simply involves wearing headphones and listening to the protocol. Really, it’s that simple! And in many cases, we can actually let you take the SSP unit with you and use it in your own home.
Listen to what clients who have gone through SSP are saying:
- “Just two days in to the Safe and Sound Protocol I slept through the night for the first time in 2 years!”
- “After The Safe and Sound Protocol I feel more at ease in social gatherings and my friends have noticed. It was difficult for me to make eye-contact with people before, and now it just happens naturally. I don’t even think about it anymore.”
- “I feel calm for the first time in years. Family stress used to turn me inside-out, but now I feel like they’re manageable.”